In just two years as the MP, Anne-Marie has:
- Secured £2million coastal communities investment for the Berwick Jetty project which will secure the future of the port and long-term investment in our town;
- Overseeing progress on the £293m A1 in Northumberland dualling project – one of the largest major road investment projects in the country;
- New enterprise zone for Berwick which is attracting new businesses to the town;
- Worked with Ministers to procure £1.3m pot hole repair fund for Northumberland and £15.5m for highway maintenance;
- Campaigned for and achieved the inclusion of a “Universal Service Obligation” for broadband in the new Digital Economy Act which just passed Parliament – this means broadband is now considered an essential utility and places new service requirements on providers;
- 83% of homes now have access to broadband – more and more villages being connected to superfast broadband each month.
- Won commitment from Ministers that customers will be able to use the new Emergency Services mobile network – this will transform mobile phone coverage for Northumberland;
- Successfully campaigned for the separations of BT and Openreach to ensure customers’ needs are the priority.