During the last two years as the MP, Anne-Marie has:
- Been an active member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Bees – working with colleagues of all parties to protect our vital pollinators;
- Been elected Vice Chair of the Forestry All-Party Group – encouraging Government to plant more trees;
- Secured a commitment to 11 million more planted, supporter of huge Doddington forest planting in Northumberland;
- Used her position on the Public Accounts Select Committee to promote the use of trees as a vital carbon capture device;
- Persuaded the Secretary of State to ‘call-in’ the planning decision made by the previous Labour administration at Northumberland County Council to approve a new open cast coal mine at Druridge Bay which will harm the environment and tourism without providing more net jobs.