See my updates first on my Facebook.
Yesterday I shared NFU Online’s petition for a ‘Buy British’ button on supermarket online shopping sites.
Did you know?
- ¼ our local North Northumberland businesses are in agriculture, putting farmers at the heart of our rural community and economy
- £1.04m investment for our constituency’s farmers this year, to help them keep producing affordable food here in Britain
- 60% of British food is produced here in the UK
- £127bn British food and farming sector
- £24bn of food and drink exports
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs announcements this 'Back British Farming Day':
- NEW funding:
£30m for farmers to invest in automated, robotic and solar technologies
Plus a further £15m for solar and £15m for automation and robotics later this year
£4m Small Abattoir Fund to improve productivity and enhance animal health and welfare
- NEW regulations for dairy and pig sectors next year, and consultations on eggs and horticulture supply chains this year.
- NEW improved Sustainable Farming Incentive 2023 – with 23 actions on offer for farmers – is accepting expressions of interest now and applications from 18th Sept. Farmers with a live agreement before the end of the year will receive an accelerated payment in the first month of their agreement: https://defragroup.eu.qualtrics.com/.../SV_4NrweBnVkycIkT4