- £35 million for a new Berwick hospital, completed next year.
- £33m for Northumberland potholes over three years.
- £20m new leisure centre in Tweedmouth.
- £7.3m to upgrade 3,750 North Northumberland premises’ broadband.
- £3.7m for Northumberland bridge repairs.
- £4.2m for the Berwick Barracks cultural venue.
- £452m Borderlands Growth Deal, including £5m towards Alnwick Gardens.
- £928,000 Culture Recovery Funding, including Alnwick Castle and Playhouse.
- £421,000 Sport England funding for Berwick and Ashington.
That’s just a snapshot of how your money is being invested in our area – on top of the household support for these difficult and unprecedented times.
Altogether, Government support subsidised around half of typical households' energy bills over the winter. Similarly, our constituency received over £200 million of Government support during the pandemic!
Businesses in our constituency received just shy of £100 million in Covid grants – 19,000 separate payments – as well as over 2,000 Government-backed loans totalling £78 million. Meanwhile, 12,400 constituents’ jobs were furloughed to protect them, with a further 3,600 self-employed constituents receiving £32.8 million worth of self-employment income support. This Government really has your and your family’s back. The incredible team at County Hall, who worked tirelessly to help distribute this and to maximise local support, thoroughly deserve our thanks too!
In the same vein, our servicemen, women and veterans – who make selfless sacrifices and bravely put their lives on the line for us – are there for us too.
From security and peacekeeping, disaster relief and Covid support, to diplomacy and more, the excellence and professionalism of our British Armed Forces is admired around the world.
We willingly share this with friends and allies too – the UK provides not just military equipment to Ukraine, but is standing shoulder to shoulder; training Ukrainian troops, including tank commanders, marines and fighter jet pilots.
Alongside securing investment and infrastructure, supporting rural services and protecting our unique landscape and environment, one of my top priorities is our security and prosperity at home and abroad. I am so proud that our constituency is home to RAF Boulmer and the British Army's Otterburn Training Area, as well as namesake to the Royal Navy's HMS Northumberland. It is always a privilege as an MP to get any opportunity to support and thank our forces and, during Armed Forces Week last month, I made sure to do just that. Thank you, we salute you!