Useful contacts

Below are the contact details of some useful organisations and their areas of responsibility.

If you would like help in contacting any of these organisations, please contact Anne-Marie's local team in Alnwick and Berwick.


Northumberland County Council

The Council is responsible for a variety of local services, including but not limited to planning, road surfaces, pavements, education, school transport, recycling, fly-tipping and parking. 

If you have concerns about any of these areas, you can find out how to contact the Council on their website HERE.

Councillors are elected to represent specific areas, and to hold the Council to account on behalf of residents.  you can find out who your councillor is, by typing in your postcode HERE



The Ombudsman will investigate cases where a public body has not followed its own rules in dealing with a case.  Different Ombudsman investigate different types of public body.

Neither Ombudsman will investigate a case until the complainant has exhausted the organisation's own complaints procedure.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a council or national Government body which has breached its own rules in your case, and you have been through the complaints process to no avail, you can raise your concerns with the Ombudsman.  Anne-Marie will submit your case for you, but you will need to complete the paperwork first outlining the problem.  You can find out more and be directed to their website by clicking on each link below:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman - investigates complaints about national Government  and NHS bodies 

Local Government Ombudsman - investigates complaints about councils

Financial Ombudsman Service - looks into issues with banks, pensions and transactions

Legal Ombudsman - investigates disputes between customers and their legal representatives

Prisons and Probation Ombudsman - investigates complaints about prisoners' treatment 

Housing Ombudsman - looks into landlord/tenant disputes and complaints about housing associations

The Property Ombudsman  - endeavours to resolve disputes between customers and property agents


Citizen's Advice Bureau

The Citizen's Advice Bureau offers help and advice on a wide range of issues from consumer problems and trading standards, to benefit entitlement, workplace concerns, housing and healthcare.  A wealth of information can be found on their website HERE, which will also let you know how to find your nearest CAB office.